NetMap with Tools: Four Components
- Virtual watersheds & smart river networks simulate terrestrial and riverine landforms and processes and human interactions over a range of scales. Virtual watersheds, including their synthetic river networks, are custom designed with user flexibility.
- Analysis tools work with virtual watersheds to provide critical analyses/spatial data to support resource management, risk mitigation, restoration and conservation.
- Comprehensive online technical help materials. Also see step-wise guides.
- Support - all virtual watersheds and analysis tools are maintained.
NetMap provides the lowest cost comprehensive analyses available anywhere at the scale of watersheds, landscapes and states.
NetMap, as a Service, involves building new virtual watersheds, or using existing ones, and running all requested tools to produce analyses for a specific geographic areas. See the types of analyses we conduct.
The full suite of NetMap tools is provided for users who wish to optionally conduct their own analyses.
- inform resource use & management
- support restoration
- advance conservation
- identify environmental liabilities
- risk management
- map potential for extreme events
See what your analysis will include.
We use the highest resolution digital elevation models available (including LiDAR).
Tools works exclusively with NetMap's Virtual Watersheds.
Note, Enhanced NetMap license typically comes with most tools pre-run and thus many users will take advantage of existing model outputs and can access maps and conduct rapid habitat-stressor intersection analysis with NetMap's Quick Tool, that comes with either NetMap License.
Compatibility with NHD/NHDplus.
NetMap supports numerous applications:
- Forestry Management
- Riparian Management
- Slope Stability
- Pre-Wildfire Planning
- Post-Wildfire Planning
- Floodplain Mapping
- Watershed Analysis
- Estuary Mapping
- Erosion/Sediment Budgets
- Climate Change Vulnerability
- Risk Data/Insurance
- Real Estate Risk Transfer
- Urban Planning
What Questions can be answered (Step Wise Guides)
For additional background, Projects/Clients