Annual Software Maintenance Fee for License Holders
NetMap's virtual watersheds and and tools are designed to put unprecedented analysis power into the hands of agencies, NGOs, universities, and private sector and at a cost designed to save money.
Why is maintenance needed?
NetMap analysis software (add-in in ArcGIS) requires continual maintenance to:
- maintain a million lines of computer code
- fix bugs
- keep up with the constant ESRI ArcMap version upgrades (that require making upgrades in NetMap)
- incorporate new digital data (such as DEMs)
- improve existing tools, and
- create new tools to keep abreast with evolving science.
NetMap requires a team of scientists and programmers to continually maintain and upgrade NetMap's tools and watershed databases.
Government agencies and NGOs do not fund software maintenace (read more). Thus, TerrainWorks licenses NetMap to provide bottom up funding for its long term sustainability.